Applications are closed for the 2021 recruiting year.
Applications are currently open through November 15th 2021 for the 2022 recruiting year.
The Bonneville Sheriff's Search & Rescue patrol is always looking for new members. Prospective members must meet the following criteria:
- 21 years or older
- Immediate access to a 4-wheel drive vehicle
- Complete a CPR and First Aid course
- Pass a physical fitness test of an unencumbered 1 mile walk in 16 minutes (some specialty teams have further physical fitness requirements)
- Pass a background check. Any felony convictions will disqualify you.
The application process consists of these steps:
- Fill out a short application form so we know you are interested
- When we are ready to begin interviews we will contact you to set up an appointment. We do an in-person interview with a panel of current SAR members.
- During your interview you will fill out a longer application form
- We will perform a background investigation. This can take a month or more, so be patient.
- Those who are selected and who pass the background will be invited to join
- New members attend a 20 hour boot camp introductory course which normally takes place in March
- Complete a 6 month probationary period